This new, ‘SP’ high-spec version of the Fireblade is one of the stars of Honda’s 2014 line-up, MCN can now reveal.
The track-focused machine features Öhlins suspension, Brembo mono block front brake calipers, single seat and special Tricolour paint, as sharing engine revisions with an updated version of the standard Blade.
The new superbikes were officially unveiled at Milan on Monday evening along with a host of other new models for 2014. These include:
• a new VFR800F based on the existing V4 800cc unit but completely revised to include traction control, radial brakes, a 10kg weight loss, adjustable seat height and more midrange torque.
• new CBR650F, essentially an evolution of the CBR600F.
• new CB650F – a naked version of the CBR650F which replaces the CB600F Hornet, but shares no common parts.
• new CTX1300, a ‘a touring cruiser for the bagger generation’.
• new CBR300R – an updated version of the CBR250R
• updated Crosstourer
• plus enlarged versions of the Integra, NC700s and NC700X
For the full story and picture gallery see this week’s MCN – out Wednesday.
See this bike at Motorcycle Live 2013 NEC Birmingham 23 Nov-01 Dec