Brough Superior Pendine Sands Racer
Brough Superior are still very much the Rolls Royce of motorcycles, and with the full production SS100 MK2 now on sale in the UK, the firm is genuinely back in business.
But just as we’ve become used to their bold modern interpretation of the vintage Brough styling that makes the SS100 stand out in any crowd, the firm have created an even bolder new bike for 2018 – the Pendine Sand Racer.
- Moto Guzzi announce V85 concept
- MCN Fleet video: How am I finding the Suzuki GSX250R?
- MCN Live from Milan: Eicma 2017
- BSB: Honda stick with O'Halloran and Linfoot for 2018
- Royal Enfield reveal Continental GT and Interceptor 650cc twins
- Ducati reveal bigger Multistrada 1260
The new Sand Racer is a wild reimagining of the SS100, sharing the same engine, but using a de-strapped tank, super-aggressive boat tail seat unit, and a small nose cowl to dip your head behind, and gorgeous slashcut exhausts.
It also gets its own swingarm which runs a linkage-free right-sided monoshock. It comes on Michelin Anakee III tyres (19in front rim and 18in rear).
Power: 100bhp @ 9800rpm
Seat height: 820mm