Pricing and spec revealed for 2020 Kawasaki Ninja 650 - the A2 ace that'll tour or tackle trackdays
Pricing and specifications have been announced for the 2020 Kawasaki Ninja 650, and it’s set to hit showrooms from £6899 if you have it painted Metallic Spark Black.
- Related: Read our full 2020 Kawasaki Ninja 650 bike review
- Related: Best A2-compliant motorbikes
- Related: Kawasaki Ninja range explained
There are two other paint options available too – Lime Green and Ebony (KRT Edition - a racing livery) and Pearl Flat Stardust White with Metallic Flat Spark Black. Both of these cost £7049.
Alongside that, there are a number of optional extras on offer to personalise your Ninja 650 for touring or performance – highlights include luggage, a taller windscreen, a higher seat (+30mm), and a full Akrapovic exhaust system.
The new Ninja 650 sits on lighter Dunlop Sportmax Roadsport 2 tyres, and features a 4.3-inch TFT screen with smartphone connectivity to keep you online on the move.
2020 Kawasaki Ninja 650 spec
- Engine: 649cc liquid-cooled 4-stroke parallel twin
- Power: 67bhp @ 8000rpm
- Torque: 47.2 ft-lb @ 6700rpm
- Weight: 193kg
- Seat height: 790mm
- Fuel tank: 15 litres
Bikes will arrive in dealers around the beginning of February. keep an eye out for the 2020 Kawasaki Ninja 650 review coming soon on MCN.
Kawasaki reveal revised 2020 Ninja 650 - get the latest details and images here
First published 07 October 2019 by Andy Calton
Kawasaki have given the popular Ninja 650 a revamp for 2020.
The middleweight has packed decent performance at a sensible price and now looks to add a bit of modernity to the mix with a high tech dash, Bluetooth connectivity and a styling revamp.
The 650 replaced the old ER-6F in 2017 and immediately appealed to the cost-conscious with a competitive £6599 price. The new bike gets a new 10.9cm full-colour TFT dash – with reversible display – complete with Bluetooth connectivity via a smart phone app, which includes a navigation function.
There are also new LED lights front and rear and Dunlop Sportmax Roadsport 2 tyres as standard. The bike also gets sharper styling while the pillion seat has been redesigned to make it more comfortable.
The 2020 Ninja 650 will come in three new colour schemes; green and black, black, or white and black.
Although prices have yet to be announced, Kawasaki will be keen to keep the machine competitively priced so we’d expect it to arrive in dealers at around the £6750 mark.
Released alongside the new bike is a raft of official accessories that will enable owners to tune the personality of their new Ninja to suit their needs. Highlights include panniers, a topbox, bigger screen, seat cowl, tankbag, radiator protector and bespoke crash protection.
Kawasaki Ninja 650 highlights
- Light show Better LED lights front and back should make things brighter and, Kawasaki claim, safer
- Sporty styling The 2020 Ninja 650 has remodelled fairing, side panels and seat unit to fit better with the wider Ninja range
- Top clock An updated TFT dash has loads more info that then old bike’s readout including gear position indicator, shift lamp and economical riding indicator
- Get a grip Dunlop Sportmax Roadsport 2 tyres are a significant upgrade on the current bike’s Sportmax D214s, which add to the bike’s sporty intentions
- Sitting pretty Kawasaki claims there's a better pillion seat on the new bike, with more padding to make hanging on a little more bearable
More from MCN
- 2020 Triumph Street Triple RS revealed
- New supercharged Kawasaki Z model incoming
- 2020 Yamaha MT-03 unvieled