Intermot: Moto Guzzi unveil V9 Bobber Sport
Moto Guzzi have unveiled a new Sport version of their Moto Guzzi V9 Bobber, featuring oversized tyres, a lower single seat and black pipework in an attempt to look mean and moody.
The Guzzi also has retro-style rubber fork gaiters, cut-down front mudguard and a lowered headlight, which is framed by a new aluminum fly screen. To help compliment the low-slung riding position, the sporty retro also gets lower drag bars, with shorter risers.
MORE INTERMOT 2018 NEWS
- The all new Suzuki Katana
- 2019 KTM 1290 Super Duke GT unveiled
- Exclusive: Indian FTR1200S prototype ridden
- Yamaha's 2019 YZF-R125 unveiled
- 2019 Kawasaki Ninja H2 'The maddest just got madder'
- Ducati's hot new Scramblers
- 2019 KTM 1290 Super Duke R unveiled
The Bobber Sport also gets adjustable Öhlins shock absorbers, meaning improved ride and handling over the standard V9 Bobber, and a slip on exhaust to beef up the engine noise.
Bobbers (so called because of their ‘bobbed’ tail) are very popular at the moment. The Triumph Bobber was the British firm’s fastest-selling bike ever, and the V9 Bobber Sport looks to improve Moto Guzzi’s presence in the sector, dawing inspiration from the post-WW2 American riders that invented the bobber 'scene' and with it the flat-track phenomenon.
V9 Bobber Sport facts
- Engine: 853cc 90-degree V-twin
- Performance: 60bhp / 46lbft
- Weight: 199kg (semi-kerb)
- Seat height: 808mm
- Price: TBC
There’s no word on prices and availability yet.
See this bike debut in the UK at Motorcycle Live from 17-25 November at The NEC.