Adventure bargain beckons: New Voge 500DS will debut in the UK for under £5000
The Voge 500DS is coming to the UK, at last, with the folks at Lexmoto helping to bring the Chinese brand to our shores.
If you’re not familiar with Voge, it’s a recently launched brand from Chinese giant Loncin, which is keen to prove to British riders that the old preconceptions people have about bikes from the Far East no longer apply.
Related articles on MCN
As the name and styling suggest, the 500DS is a dual-sport machine powered by a 471cc parallel twin, which produces 46.2bhp @ 8500rpm – absolutely bang-on for A2 licence holders. It’s not got a bad stab of torque either, with a peak of 31.3lb.ft at 7000rpm. In practice, this should be enough to get a shift on as it only weighs 188kg dry.
There’s no MPG figure yet but these sorts of engines usually sip at the fuel, so we’d expect a realisitic range of over 200 miles from its 17-litre tank. The rest of the spec is decent, too, with Nissin brakes, KYB suspension, Pirelli Angel tyres and some good quality tech including a proper Bosch fuel injection system and a TFT dash.
The most amazing thing really is the price, though, with the 500DS costing just £4999 including a two-year parts and labour warranty.
If that’s not good enough there’s even a 0% interest deal to tempt you early on and, if you’re really quick, the first 32 500DSs that are sold will also come with a free set of luggage comprising a topbox and a pair of matching panniers.
Despite being such a new brand, the Voge 500DS will be available from over 150 dealers around the country, with full details at www.vogeuk.co.uk
Voge 500DS explored:
- Loads of room The luggage gives over 100l of storage, plus, if you’re quick, it could come for free!
- The low down Seat height of the 500DS is just 815mm – much lower than many ADV bikes
- Easy peasy Large touring-friendly screen has two heights that can be changed without tools
- Dash it all The TFT dash has all the usual info plus tyre pressure monitoring and phone connectivity
- Ideal start With 46bhp on tap and just 188kg dry, the 500DS is a great start for adventurers