Sixth race celebration for KTM’s Dungey
Red Bull KTM racer and AMA Supercross championship leader Ryan Dungey has moved himself one step closer to the 2015 title after taking his sixth win of the season in front of a 59,000 strong crowd in St. Louis’s Edward Jones Dome.
Dungey led almost from start to finish after he inherited the lead in the first turn from fellow KTM rider Andrew Short. Short was again the holeshot award winner, only to come down heavily after a mistimed landing over the opening jump.
From then on Dungey was unassailable, and it was left to the Hondas of Eli Tomac and Cole Seeley to battle with Husqvarna rider Jason Anderson for the final podium spots.
It was Tomac who got second in the end, finally making his way through at the three quarter distance before powering clear to take the spot with some breathing room.
“The team has built an incredible bike this season,” said Dungey afterwards. “I was able to get off to a good start. I was then able to focus on my opening laps and then settle in and focus on the win. I am so happy with my KTM and everyone that has been behind me on the team.”
450SX Class Results : St. Louis
1. Ryan Dungey, Belle Plaine, Minn., KTM
2. Eli Tomac, Cortez, Colo., Honda
3. Jason Anderson, Edgewood, N.M., Husqvarna
4. Cole Seely, Laguna Beach, Calif., Honda
5. Weston Peick, Menifee, Calif., Yamaha
6. Josh Grant, Wildomar, Calif., Kawasaki
7. Davi Millsaps, Murrieta, Calif., Kawasaki
8. Chad Reed, Dade City, Fla., Kawasaki
9. Broc Tickle, Holly, Mich., Suzuki
10. Blake Baggett, Grand Terrace, Calif., Suzuki
450SX Class Season Standings
1. Ryan Dungey, Belle Plaine, Minn., KTM, 296
2. Eli Tomac, Cortez, Colo., Honda, 216
3. Trey Canard, Edmond, Okla., Honda, 204
4. Cole Seely, Laguna Beach, Calif., Honda, 198
5. Chad Reed, Dade City, Fla., Kawasaki, 183
6. Jason Anderson, Edgewood, N.M., Husqvarna, 165
7. Blake Baggett, Grand Terrace, Calif., Suzuki, 165
8. Ken Roczen, Clermont, Fla., Suzuki, 156
9. Broc Tickle, Holly, Mich., Suzuki, 146
10. Andrew Short, Smithville, Texas, KTM, 137