Jonathan Rea carried on his form from this morning's final practice session to secure pole position for tomorrow's British Superbike races at Knockhill.
The HM Plant Honda man managed to slip a best time in of 48.345 before the heavens opened soaking the track. He also managed to beat his best time from this morning by 0.03secs.
Leon Haslam finished in second with a 48.665 on his Airwaves Ducati, just marginaly slower than his morning time.
In third place was Tom Sykes on a 48.839 on his Honda with Leon Camier, also on a Honda, rounding off the front row following his best of 49.141.
Most of the riders took a half hour break once the rain started to fall heavily and went in to swap on to wet tyres. The rain did stop with 10 minutes to go but only the likes of Quay Garage Honda's James Buckingham and Team NB Suzuki's Ollie Bridewell took the opportunity of an empty track to get in some practice.
With the track starting to dry the riders all came out within the last five minutes to test themselves and the conditions. Jonathan Rea managed to get down to 53.889 with, Leon Haslam and Tom Sykes also managing to record times under 56secs on the still damp track.
1.Jonathan Rea GBR Honda 48.345
2.Leon Haslam GBR Ducati 48.665
3. Tom Sykes GBR Honda 48.839
4. Leon Camier GBR Honda 49.141
5. Ryuichi Kiyonari JPN Honda 49.240
6. Chris Walker GBR Suzuki 49.240
7. Karl Harris GBR Honda 49.528
8. Shane Byrne GBR Honda 49.539
9. Gregorio Lavilla ESP Ducati 49.628
10. Tommy Hill GBR Yamaha 49.728
11. Cal Crutchlow GBR Suzuki 49.774
12. Chris Martin GBR Honda 50.205
13. Steve Plater GBR Yamaha 50.242
14. Hudson Kennaugh RSA Yamaha 50.326
15. Scott Smart GBR Kawasaki 50.359
16. Stuart Easton GBR Kawasaki 50.412
17. Ollie Bridewell GBR Suzuki 50.587
18. Peter Hickman GBR Kawasaki 51.014
19. Marty Nutt GBR Yamaha 51.104
20. Sean Emmett GBR Suzuki 51.157
21. James Buckingham GBR Honda 51.257