Steve Brogan has took advantage of the weather turn-around at Mallory Park today, setting the fastest time in wet qualifying one for the British Supersport class.
A 1.03.628 was enough to put Brogan at the top of the timesheets in the wet after James Westmoreland lead the opening practice session this morning held in dry conditions.
Brogan, who lagged down in 12th position this morning, showed his wet-weather riding skills after a brief downpour at the Leicestershire circuit.
Marshall Neill set the second quickest time in the wet, fresh from his one-round outing with the SMT Honda Superbike team last time around at Snetterton.
And James Westmoreland capped his brilliant morning performance by putting his Centurion Honda in the top three in the wet as well.
British Supersport free practice one results:
1. James Westmoreland Centurion Racing Honda 58.100
2. Glen Richards MAP Embassy Triumph 58.140
3. Hudson Kennaugh Raceways Yamaha 58.301
4. Chris Martin Gearlink Kawasaki 58.365
5. Steve Plater AIM Yamaha 58.428
6. Ian Lowry Relentless Suzuki 58.796
7. Paul Young MAP Embassy Triumph 59.140
8. Joe Dickinson Trucklinks Yamaha 59.142
9. Ashley Beech Colin Appleyard/Macadam Racing Yamaha 59.375
10. Craig Fitzpatrick BLDS Couriers Yamaha 59.388
British Supersport qualifying one results:
1. Steve Brogan HM Plant Honda 1.03.628
2. Marshall Neill Marshall Neill Racing Suzuki 1.03.740
3. James Westmoreland Centurion Racing Honda 1.03.890
4. BJ Toal Virgin Media Yamaha 1.04.597
5. Craig Fitzpatrick BLDS Couriers 1.04.603
6. Marty Nutt Nutt Travel Yamaha 1.04.648
7. Ian Lowry Relentless Suzuki 1.04.718
8. Glen Richards MAP Embassy Triumph 1.04.804
9. James Webb Padgetts Honda 1.04.901
10. Daniel Cooper Centurion Racing Honda 1.04.909