Mallory Park British Superbikes: Tom Sykes backs up pole by topping Warm Up
Tom Sykes has shown that yesterday’s pole in qualifying was no fluke by ending morning Warm Up fastest.
The Rizla Suzuki rider set a best of 56.071 in the last minute of the 15-minute session.
His Warm Up time was just seven thousandths of a second off his pole lap yesterday and would have been good enough to get second position in yesterday’s qualifying session.
Sykes took to the top of the timings with six minutes remaining this morning and held the position for the rest of the session.
Leon Camier made serious inroads on his qualifying performance to go second fastest this morning.
The Airwvaes Ducati man who won last time out at Snetterton qualified in a disappointing 11th yesterday.
But the 21-year old went three tenths of a lap faster this morning than he did yesterday afternoon.
Cal Crutchlow set the third fastest time of Warm Up with a 56.331 and surprise package of the weekend Michael Laverty showed his second in qualifying wasn’t a one-off with the fourth fastest time this morning.
Mallory Park British Superbikes Warm Up Results
1. Tom Sykes Rizla Suzuki 56.071
2. Leon Camier Airwaves Ducati 56.246
3. Cal Crutchlow HM Plant Honda 56.331
4. Michael Laverty Relentless Suzuki 56.393
5. Shane Byrne Airwaves Ducati 56.522
6. Leon Haslam HM Plant Honda 56.601
7. Karl Harris RM Racing Yamaha 56.646
8. Michael Rutter North West 200 Ducati 57.040
9. Billy McConnell MSS Discovery Kawasaki 57.109
10. Tristan Palmer Tena for Men Honda 57.116
11. James Haydon MSS Discovery Kawasaki 57.117
12. James Ellison Hydrex Bike Animal Honda 57.157
13. Atsushi Watanabe Rizla Suzuki 57.393
14. Simon Andrews Lloyds British Jentin Yamaha 57.464
15. Scott Smart Hawk Kawasaki 57.559
16. John Laverty NW200 Buildbase Ducati 57.567