Leon Haslam has put an emphatic touch on the final Free Practice session of the weekend at Silverstone by setting a time over half a second faster than his rivals.
Haslam set a 1.25.963, the only rider to dip below a 1.26 and just sixth tenths away from the outright lap record set by Gregorio Lavilla last season,
The 25-year old was languishing in sixth for much of the shortened 40-minute session, but set two blisteringly fast laps in the final seven minutes.
His session topping time came with just five minutes left and promoted him above champion elect, Shane Byrne.
Byrne, Crutchlow and Sykes completed the provisional front row; he same four riders who top the championship standings.
All of today’s sessions have been cut short after heavy fog delayed the morning’s proceedings with the F1-style Swan Combi Roll for Pole session due to kick off a 14.40.
SILVERSTONE BRITISH SUPERBIKES FREE PRACTICE 3 RESULTS
1. Leon Haslam HM Plant Honda 1.25.963
2. Shane Byrne Airwaves Ducati 1.26.616
3. Cal Crutchlow HM Plant Honda 1.26.631
4. Tom Sykes Rizla Suzuki 1.26.785
5. Leon Camier Airwaves Ducati 1.26.818
6. Michael Laverty Relentless Suzuki 1.27.000
7. Karl Harris RM Racing Yamaha 1.27.004
8. Michael Rutter North West 200 Ducati 1.27.333
9. Gary Mason Quay Garage Honda 1.27.616
10. Jason O’Halloran SMT Honda 1.27.739
11. Billy McConnell MSS Discovery Kawasaki 1.27.863
12. Stuart Easton MSS Discovery Kawasaki 1.27.911
13. James Ellison Hydrex Bike Animal Honda 1.28.028
14. Tristan Palmer Tena for Men Honda 1.28.104
15. Scott Smart Hawk Kawasaki 1.28.167
16. Simon Andrews Lloyds British Jentin Yamaha 1.28.187