BSB: Rider of the Year - Fifth
MCN’s Sports Desk rank the five riders who have impressed them most in the MCE British Superbike Championship during the 2017 season.
Number 5 – Dan Linfoot
Best result: 2nd (x4)
Championship position: 4th
With Honda’s Fireblade in its final racing year, nobody knew what to expect from Honda duo Dan Linfoot and Jason O’Halloran this season, but both impressed aboard their aging steed.
Linfoot’s loose style and the outgoing blade’s habit to move around a lot on Pirelli tyres made for some cracking images, and it’s quite hard to believe the Yorkshireman didn’t stand on the top step this year.
- Video: Razor-sharp riding on new KTM 790 Duke prototype
- Motorcycle stolen after RAC says to leave it at the side of the road
- Day 16: MCN Great Christmas Giveaway!
- BSB: Stuart Easton to retire from racing
- What would an SV650 cost to insure against other similar models?
- TCX Hero boots offer form and function
He suffered a mediocre start to the year but once things got going he was on a roll, taking four podiums on the bounce at Knockhill and Snetterton, only missing out on a debut win to team-mate Jason O’Halloran after two-wheeled slide lost him time at the final turn. He also dramatically fell out of the lead at a wet Oulton Park back in May.
2017 will be a big year for Linfoot as he gets to fight on the all-new, Fireblade SP2 and he’ll need to take that next step up and start winning races if he’s to impress for a second season in a row.