BSB: Byrne leads close pack on opening day at Oulton
Shane Byrne led the way on a close opening day of the MCE British Superbike Showdown decider at Oulton Park with the top 12 riders separated by just 0.6 seconds.
The series leader posted a time just 0.2 off the outright lap record in the closing moments of the afternoon’s second practice session to top the times ahead of championship rival Leon Haslam.
- MV Agusta boss: "Yamaha team up with Krugger Motorcycles for MotoGP inspired Yard Built Supercharged SR400"
- ”BMW G310R first ride today”
- MCN Fleet: The GS goes back to the workshop
- Gallery: Barry Sheene Parade at Silverstone
- MotoGP: 58 retired to honour Marco Simoncelli
Jake Dixon turned heads as he took the Briggs Equipment BMW to third on the timesheets ahead of Honda Racing’s duo of Jason O’Halloran and Dan Linfoot.
Tommy Bridewell was sixth quickest ahead of Luke Mossey, with Christian Iddon, John Hopkins and Richard Cooper rounding out the top ten.
James Ellison, who was second quickest in the morning session, was 11th after a step in the wrong direction with front forks saw him lose feeling in the front ahead of the second Ducati of Glenn Irwin.