Tamada tops Qatar test
Makoto Tamada has won the battle for the fastest lap on the third day of MotoGP testing in Qatar.
Both Tamada and Loris Capirossi claimed to have the fastest lap at the end of day tw, with both doing 1:57.69, but Konica Minolta Honda rider Tamada has ended the stalemate by upping his pace on the final day to take a best lap of 1:56.63.
Ducati rider Loris Capirossi slipped down the rankings to fourth fastest behind the Hondas of Marco Melandri and Sete Gibernau, who had recovered from the fever that had dogged his first two days.
Nicky Hayden only managed to improve the time that helped him top the first day by almost exactly a second droping him to fifth fastest overall. His team-mate Max Biaggi had a bad final day losing the front on his honda and failing to get back up to pace afterwards.
Alex Barros and Roberto Rolfo also crashed but both walked away uninjured.
There will two more MotoGP tests in Spain before the start of the season on April 10.
1. Makoto Tamada - Konica Minolta Honda: 1:56.63
2. Marco Melandri - Telefonica Movistar Honda: 1:57.31
3. Sete Gibernau - Telefonica Movistar Honda:1:57.32
4. Loris Capirossi - Ducati Marlboro: 1:57.32
5. Nicky Hayden - Repsol Honda: 1:57.33
6. Carlos Checa - Ducati Marlboro: 1:57.35
7. Alex Barros - Camel Honda: 1:57.38
8. Max Biaggi - Repsol Honda: 1:57.94
9. Troy Bayliss - Camel Honda: 1:58.18
10. Roberto Rolfo - D:Antin Ducati: 1:59.74