125/250GP Estoril test
Many of the top riders in the 125cc and 250cc GP championships began testing at the Estorial circuit in Portugal on Wednesday, Feburary 15, 2006.
The biggest news of the day was the crash of Hector Barbera on the Fortuna Aprilia. Barbera ended the session early to return to the hotel to recover for the second day of testing, as did Aprilia test rider Alex Debon, who also crashed, incjuring his hand, but returning for the second day.
Interested in a new bike? Click here.
View 1500 Product Reviews. Click here.
Fastest in the 250cc class was Alex de Angelis with 1:42.2, while in the 125cc class Julian Simon posted a time of 1:46.6, putting him fastest, ahead of KTM team-mate Mika Kallio.
Unofficial Estoril times: Day one
1. Alex de Angelis (Aspar Team) 1:42.2.
2. Jorge Lorenzo (Fortunta team) 1:42.4.
3. Andrea Dovizioso (Humangest Honda) 1:42.6.
4. Hector Barbera (Fortuna Aprilia) 1:43.0.
5. Alex Debon (Aprilia) 1:43.3.
6. Marco Simoncelli (Metis Gilera) 1:43.395.
7. Manuel Poggiali (KTM 250) 1:44.0.
8. Hiroshi Aoyama (KTM 250) 1:44.5.
9 Dirk heidolf (Kiefer BOS) 1:45.6.
10. Anthony West (Kiefer BOS) 1:45.9.
11. Yuki takahashi (Humangest Honda) 1:47.7.
1. Julian SImon (Red Bull KTM) 1:46.6.
2. Mika Kallio (Red Bull KTM) 1:47.0.
3. Lukas Pesek (Derbi racing) 1:47.1.
4. Nico Terol (Derbi Racing) 1:48.6.
5. Gino Borsoi (Gilera) 1:50.2.