Lorenzo dominates 250s
Jorge Lorenzo dominated the 250cc MotoGP official test at the Circuit de Catalunya, which ended on Thursday (Mar 2).
He ended up fastest rider on both days of the test. The MotoGP teams started testing on Friday. Keep checking this site for updates. Have you picked your MCN Fantasy Road Race team yet? Click here The biggest surprise of the 250 test was the performance of Czech rider Jakub Smrz. He was fourth on Wednesday and third on Thursday.
250cc official times: Day 2
1.Jorge Lorenzo - Fortuna Aprilia 1'46.563
2. Alex de Angelis - Master MVA Aspar 1'47.232
3. Jakub Smrz - Cardion AB 1'47.275
4. Héctor Barberá - Fortuna Aprilia 1'47.430
5. Roberto Locatelli - Team Toth 1'47.726
6. Yuki Takahashi - Humangest Racing 1'47.875
7. Andrea Dovizioso - Humangest Racing 1'47.882
8. Shuhei Aoyama - Repsol Honda 1'47.897
9. Sebas Porto - Repsol Honda 1'48.316
10. Arturo Tizón - Honda BQR 1'48.445
22. Chaz Davies 1’50.586
Have you chosen your MCN Fantasy Road Race team yet? Click here Official Times: 250cc Day One
1. Jorge Lorenzo - Fortuna Aprilia 1'47.622
2. Alex de Angelis - Master MVA Aspar 1'47.949
3. Héctor Barberá - Fortuna Aprilia 1'48.082
4. Jakub Smrz - Cardion AB 1'48.317
5. Andrea Dovizioso - Humangest 1'48.374
6. Sebas Porto - Repsol Honda 1'49.032
7. Roberto Locatelli - Team Toth 1'49.082
8. Yuki Takahashi - Humangest 1'49.378
9. Marco Simoncelli - Metis Gilera 1'49.456
10. Arturo Tizón - Honda BQR 1'49.476
Britain’s Chaz Davies was 22nd fastest in 1’52.234.
MCN’s Matt Birt is at the tests. Read his exclusive reports only in MCN out on Wednesday March 8, 2006.