Rossi fastest in MotoGP
Surprise surprise! Valentino Rossi was fastest in the first session of official MotoGP testing at the Circuit de Catalunya on Friday morning. Pick your MCN Fantasy Road Race team HERE The first day of the test continues until 6pm on Friday. The times listed below were taken at 1pm Spanish time.
The Yamaha-riding defending world champion clocked the fastest pre-1pm time despite not taking to the track until 12.40pm. Next bike? Read MCN tests here
Quality Bikes For Sale here
Need kit? Product reviews here It took until his sixth lap to beat the best anyone else had achieved all morning.
It’s quite cloudy at the circuit but that’s keeping temperatures high. No one has crashed so far.
MotoGP times as of 1pm (local time)
1. Valentino Rossi - Camel Yamaha 1'44.571
2. John Hopkins - Rizla Suzuki 1'44.999
3. Shinya Nakano - Kawasaki Racing 1'45.096
4. Colin Edwards - Camel Yamaha 1'45.154
5. Marco Melandri - Fortuna Honda 1'45.206
6. Nicky Hayden - Repsol Honda 1'45.522
7. Carlos Checa - Yamaha Tech 3 1'45.663
8. Randy de Puniet - Kawasaki Racing 1'46.293
9. Kenny Roberts jr. - Team Roberts 1'46.352
10. Loris Capirossi - Ducati Marlboro 1'46.537
MCN's Matthew Birt is at the circuit. See his full behind-the-scenes report only in MCN, out on March 8.