Debon vows to be fit for next Moto2 test
Spaniard Alex Debon insists he’ll be fit to ride the British-built FTR M210 in the official Moto2 tests as Valencia on March 1-3.
Debon crashed in testing at Catalunya last week and fractured his left collarbone.
He underwent surgery to have a titanium plate inserted and now intends to be fit to contest the first official tests – with the series-standard Honda motors – at Valencia in Spain on March 1-3.
“Alex was really unlucky in the crash last week,” said FTR director Steve Bones.
“There were plenty of crashes as the new teams and riders all started work on their respective Moto2 projects and only one or two riders were unfortunate enough to pick up injuries.”
Debon will race the FTR Moto M210 machine in the 17-round World Championship which gets under way under floodlights in Qatar on April 11.
“We’re really confident in Alex and the technical team he has around him,” said Bones.
“He’s an experienced rider who’s very capable of fast laps and good results – exactly what’s going to be needed to develop our machine during the season to stay ahead of the opposition.
“Hopefully the Valencia test next week will give us further feedback and we can ensure Alex is in the best possible position to challenge for victory in the opening round.”