Suzuki’s dismal form in 2010 is seriously weakening its bid to attract top talent to its factory effort.
Loris Capirossi and Alvaro Bautista have scored just six top ten finishes between them in the opening nine races and the GSV-R contender has dropped even further off the pace of rivals Yamaha, Ducati and Honda.
The shocking start means nobody is beating a path to Paul Denning’s office looking for a GSV-R ride next season and Suzuki has so far been completely off the radar in rumours about 2011.
Denning said woeful results would inevitably have a detrimental impact on Suzuki’s strategy and he said: “It’s a big problem. If you’re looking to bring a different rider and one that is enjoying success then clearly it makes the job more difficult.
"The only thing a rider can trust in is the results and Suzuki’s haven’t been great at all.
"That makes life a lot more difficult. There are clearly moves to be made that we won’t be involved in though it will impact on who is available.”
Suzuki is likely to be in the market for one rider with Capirossi poised to move to the Pramac Ducati squad and has had talks with Randy de Puniet and Moto2 world championship leader Toni Elias.
Capirossi is due to for further talks tomorrow (Saturday) with Pramac chief Paolo Campinoti.
Bautista meanwhile is already under contract for next season.