Suzuki silent on one-bike plan
Suzuki has so far ignored requests from Dorna to clarify its position on the number of bikes it will field in the 2011 MotoGP world championship.
The Japanese factory first informed the Spanish rights holders of its intention to reduce its involvement to one bike in 2011 back in June.
Suzuki boss Shinichi Sahara then confirmed the plan in an interview with MCN at the Misano round in early September.
Dorna boss Carmelo Ezpeleta held talks with Suzuki management at the recent Twin Ring Motegi race in Japan.
As a result, Ezpeleta sent a letter to Japanese management on October 6 requesting Suzuki to clarify its position on 2011.
But he confirmed to MCN that the correspondence had met with no reaction.
“We have not heard anything, “said Ezpeleta.
“They have not replied. When we finally get an answer we will decide what the next action will be.”
Ezpeleta has threatened legal action against Suzuki believing they are obliged by the terms of a five-year agreement to field two bikes until the end of 2011. Dorna's view is also shared by the other members of the powerful Motorcycle Sport Manufacturers Association including Yamaha, Honda and Ducati.
But Suzuki is blaming the impact of the economic crisis on its decision to downsize to one factory GSV-R.
Ezpeleta added: “For me it doesn’t matter what they say. I’ve got an agreement with them but I am not chasing them for an answer.”
Ezpeleta said he would wait until after the final round in Valencia this weekend before deciding what action to take next.