Brno World Superbikes: Troy Bayliss qualifies first on the grid
Troy Bayliss set the fastest lap in superpole at Brno to claim first place on the grid for tomorrow's two races.
Ten Kate Honda rider Ryuichi Kiyonari was the first rider to put in a lap during superpole and he set the pace with a 1.59.316 lap. Kiyonari stayed at the top of the pile for the most part of superpole until Fabrizio took the lead with a 1.58 lap.
Niccolo Canepa is running with the factory Xerox Ducati team at Brno and he impressed with a 1.59.324 on his first ever superpole. Canepa qualified sixth.
Australian Troy Corser was out after Fbarizio and managed to beat his lap time to take top slot on his factory Yamaha R1.
Fellow Aussie and championship leader Troy Bayliss then knocked Corser off the top with a 1.58.345.
Local hero Jacob Smrz was not able to continue his excellent form during superpole and didn't manage to better Troy Bayliss's time. Max Biaggi was last out and he wasn't able to the time of Bayliss.
1. Troy Bayliss AUS Ducati Xerox 1098 F08 1min 58.345 secs
2. Troy Corser AUS Yamaha Motor Italia YZF-R1 1min 58.451 secs
3. Michel Fabrizio ITA Ducati Xerox 1098 F08 1min 58.853 secs
4. Max Biaggi ITA Sterilgarda Go Eleven 1098 RS08 1min 59.069 secs
5. Ryuichi Kiyonari JPN Hannspree Ten Kate Honda CBR1000RR 1min 59.318 secs
6. Niccoló Canepa ITA Ducati Xerox 1098 F08 1min 59.324. secs
7. Fonsi Nieto SPA Alstare Suzuki GSX-R1000 1min 59.360 secs
8. Jakub Smrz CZE Guandalini Racing by Grifo's 1098 RS08 1min 59.451 secs
9. Max Neukirchner GER Alstare Suzuki GSX-R1000 1min 59.497 secs
10. Yukio Kagayama JPN Alstare Suzuki GSX-R1000 1min 59.537 secs
11. Ruben Xaus SPA Sterilgarda Go Eleven 1098 RS08 1min 59.545 secs
12. Noriyuki Haga JPN Yamaha Motor Italia YZF-R1 1min 59.571 secs
13. Carlos Checa SPA Hannspree Ten Kate Honda CBR1000RR 1mins 59.587 secs
14. Lorenzo Lanzi ITA RG Racing 1098 RS08 1min 59.639 secs
15. Karl Muggeridge AUS D.F. Racing CBR1000RR 2mins 00.306 secs
16. Ayrton Badovini ITA Team Pedercini ZX-10R 2mins 01.161 secs