Brno World Superbikes: Troy Bayliss wins race one
Troy Bayliss has extended his championship lead with a win in race one at the Brno World Superbike round.
Ex-MotoGP rider Max Biaggi lead for the beginning of the race, swapping places with Australian Troy Corser in the early stages, before eventually being knocked back to third position on lap 10 by Troy Corser and fellow Australian Troy Bayliss.
Local hero Jacob Smrz could not continue his good run of form and only completed thre laps of the race after getting caught up in Regis Laconis crash. Neither Smrz or Laconi continued the race.
Current British Superbike champion Ryiuchi Kiyonari battled at the front for the majority of the race, eventually finishing fifth, despite battling with Biaggi and Fabrizio for third place at one point.
Ducati Xerox wild card Niccolo Canepa finished 13th. A good result for his first ever World Superbike race.
Max Neukirchner, currently second in the championship, finished seventh, unable to challenge Troy Bayliss for the championship lead.
Sterilgarda Ducati rider Ruben Xaus retired to the pits on lap eight.
1. Troy Bayliss AUS Ducati Xerox 1098 F08 20 laps
2. Troy Corser AUS Yamaha Motor Italia YZF-R1 +1.468secs
3. Michel Fabrizio ITA Ducati Xerox 1098 F08 +3.272secs
4. Max Biaggi ITA Sterilgarda Go Eleven 1098 RS08 +3.475secs
5. Ryuichi Kiyonari JPN Hannspree Ten Kate Honda CBR1000RR +3.791secs
6. Noriyuki Haga JPN Yamaha Motor Italia YZF-R1 +9.120secs
7. Max Neukirchner GER Alstare Suzuki GSX-R1000 +9.358secs
8. Carlos Checa SPA Hannspree Ten Kate Honda CBR1000RR +11.787secs
9. Yukio Kagayama JPN Alstare Suzuki GSX-R1000 +17.228secs
10. Kenan Sofuoglu TUR Hannspree Ten Kate Honda CBR1000RR +17.705secs
11. Karl Muggeridge AUS D.F. Racing CBR1000RR +22.347secs
12. Shinichi Nakatomi JPN YZF Yamaha YZF-R1 +25.563secs
13. Niccoló Canepa ITA Ducati Xerox 1098 F08 +25.699
14. Fonsi Nieto SPA Alstare Suzuki GSX-R1000 +34.064secs
15. Gregorio Lavilla SPA Ventaxia VK Honda CBR1000RR +36.545secs
16. Makoto Tamada JPN PSG-1 Kawasaki Corse ZX-10R +43.934secs
17. Ayrton Badovini ITA Team Pedercini ZX-10R +44.339secs
18. Shuhei Aoyama JPN Alto Evolution Honda CBR1000RR +50.092secs
19. Jason Pridmore USA Alto Evolution Honda CBR1000RR +58.827secs
20. Jiri Drasdak CZE DF Racing CBR1000RR +59.928secs
21. Christian Zaiser AUT Grillini PBR Team YZF-R1 +1min 21.587secs