Assen WSS: Chaz Davies takes win after two red flags
ParkinGO Yamaha rider Chaz Davies has taken his first victory of the 2011 season after two seperate incidents saw the supersport race red flagged twice.
Brit Sam Lowes caused the first red flag after high-siding his Honda while in second place behind Davies and knocking himself unconscious. Lowes has been taking to hospital suffering from concussion.
The race was restarted but after only a few laps was red flagged again after Marko Jerman and Alexander Lundh collided coming on to the start/finish straight. Lundh was then clipped by another rider.
Davies got a good start for the third time and led for the full 16 laps, eventually winning by several seconds ahead of Ten Kate Honda rider Fabien Foret. Broc Parkes finished third despite having to battle through the pack after he was pushed wide at the first corner.
Championship leader Luca Scassa was also pushed back at the first corner, but was starting to make his way to the front when he out-braked himself and ran into the back of Florian Marino. Neither rider remounted.
Gino Rea looked certain to take another podium but ran off the track with only five laps to go. Rea was able to remount but was unable to finish in the points, in 17th.
Brit James Ellison, who has been struggling all weekend finished seventh.
1. Chaz Davies (Yamaha ParkinGO Team) Yamaha YZF R6 26'37.029
2. Fabien Foret (Hannspree Ten Kate Honda) Honda CBR600RR 26'44.265
3. Broc Parkes (Kawasaki Motocard.com) Kawasaki ZX-6R 26'45.113
4. Robbin Harms (Harms Benjan Racing Team) Honda CBR600RR 26'45.220
5. David Salom (Kawasaki Motocard.com) Kawasaki ZX-6R 26'46.151
6. Massimo Roccoli (Lorenzini by Leoni) Kawasaki ZX-6R 26'46.251
7. James Ellison (Bogdanka PTR Honda) Honda CBR600RR 26'51.645
8. Roberto Tamburini (Bike Service R.T.) Yamaha YZF R6 26'51.687
9. Miguel Praia (Parkalgar Honda) Honda CBR600RR 27'09.652
10. Vladimir Ivanov (Step Racing Team) Honda CBR600RR 27'17.697
11. Balazs Nemeth (Team Hungary Toth) Honda CBR600RR 27'17.756
12. Imre Toth (Team Hungary Toth) Honda CBR600RR 27'18.468
13. Pawel Szkopek (Bogdanka PTR Honda) Honda CBR600RR 27'31.068
14. Bastien Chesaux (MACH Racing) Honda CBR600RR 27'33.778
15. Danilo Dell'Omo (Suriano Racing Team) Triumph Daytona 675 27'34.374
16. Robert Andrei Muresan (PTR Romania Honda) Honda CBR600RR 27'40.922
17. Gino Rea (Step Racing Team) Honda CBR600RR 27'51.775
18. Yves Polzer (Team MRC Austria) Yamaha YZF R6 27'52.060
19. Mitchell Pirotta (KUJA Racing Team) Honda CBR600RR 28'01.899
RT. Kervin Bos (VD Heyden Motors Racing Team) Yamaha YZF R6 24'28.398
RT. Vittorio Iannuzzo (Lorenzini by Leoni) Kawasaki ZX-6R 18'30.602
RT. Jos Van der AA (Vice Versa-AAracing) Yamaha YZF R6 19'00.825
RT. Florian Marino (Hannspree Ten Kate Honda) Honda CBR600RR 14'41.113
RT. Luca Scassa (Yamaha ParkinGO Team) Yamaha YZF R6 11'41.601
RT. Luca Marconi (Bike Service R.T.) Yamaha YZF R6 12'10.804
RT. Ronan Quarmby (Suriano Racing Team) Triumph Daytona 675 7'09.635
RT. Ondrej Jezek (SMS Racing) Honda CBR600RR 1'47.981
NS. Sam Lowes (Parkalgar Honda) Honda CBR600RR 1'39.019
NS. Alexander Lundh (Cresto Guide Racing Team) Honda CBR600RR
NS. Marko Jerman (MD Team Jerman) Triumph Daytona 675