Ad closing in seconds....

KAWASAKI Z750 (2007-2012) Review

Published: 30 April 2007

"Hits the right spot for lovers of style and a zinging engine"

Kawasaki Z750 motorcycle review - Riding

"Hits the right spot for lovers of style and a zinging engine"

The second version of the Kawasaki Z750 hits the right spot for lovers of style and a zinging engine. Much underrated in its original guise, the Kawasaki Z750 mimics the new stunning Kawasaki Z1000 for attitude, but has an engine that reaps rewards when abused and comes at much better price due to lower spec chassis parts.

Watch our group test as the Kawasaki Z750 competes against the Triumph Street Triple, Yamaha's FZ6 Fazer, Honda's Hornet, Suzuki's GSR600 and Ducati's Monster

Part of the Kawasaki Z750 cost-cutting exercise involves simplifying the already budget suspension – only one fork leg controls front rebound damping and the forks and rear shock are particularly soft. This means the handling of the quick-ish steering Kawasaki Z750 soon starts to go south when the bike’s pushed hard. The Kawasaki Z750 can be so nearly righted with tweaks to put the fun back into riding what is otherwise a smile-inducing motorcycle.

The Kawasaki Z750 is a rev-happy chap that also comes with a half decent amount of low-down pull – thanks to reworked fuel injection and engine internals. Moving the Kawasaki Z750's engine mounts has also put paid to most of the vibes that afflicted the previous model. When the tacho needle hits 6500rpm the Kawasaki Z750 comes alive. Use these revs and the Kawasaki Z750 instantly becomes a naked sports bike that begs to be abused. Except, in standard trim, it won’t allow…

The Kawasaki Z750 has a very proven motor as it’s a down-sized ZX-9R engine – and that has been around in various guises for donkeys years – so it is definitely understressed. Even though the Kawasaki Z750's swingarm (painted steel arm) and brakes are budget items, all of it’s a known quantity, so frequent cleaning should see everything on the Kawasaki Z750 stay shiny.

The Kawasaki Z750 is a couple of hundred quid cheaper than the new Honda Hornet and cheaper than a Yamaha Fazer 600, which places the bike as a wallet friendly creature. Even the Kawasaki Z750's extra 150cc placing shouldn’t be too detrimental on the running costs. Find a Kawasaki Z750 for sale.

Insurance group: 11 of 17 – compare motorcycle insurance quotes now.

Wave-pattern discs all-round and decent brake pads are the Kawasaki Z750's braking saviour as it features decidedly old-hat two-piston sliding calipers at the front. And that’s about it. If the price was higher then the Kawasaki Z750's score rating would be considerably lower, but as it is a built-to-a-price motorcycle…

Year introduced 2007
Rear suspension Rebound and pre-load
Front brake 2 x 300mm discs, 2-pot calipers
Rear brake 250mm disc, 1-pot caliper
Front tyre size 120/70 x17

2007: Kawasaki Z750 launched.

None.

22 owners have reviewed their KAWASAKI Z750 (2007-2012) and rated it in a number of areas. Read what they have to say and what they like and dislike about the bike below.

Review your KAWASAKI Z750 (2007-2012)

Z750 J6F

13 September 2018 by Nick

My First Z and I Love it. I've had a few bikes now, and heavily played with supermoto machines, a couple of sportsbikes, and even a Buell has been in the garage, but I needed something that was fun, easy to live with and could be used, and put away. I looked at all the midrange bikes, but kept coming back to the Z750/800, with the sale of a Daytona 955i coming much quicker than expected, I found myself looking for something local, and in budget. A 2008 registered J6F, at good money, and in silver with orange highlights, couldn't resist. It's a gen 1, but it goes well, handles and stops, might not be a world beater, or a Sunday GP racer, but that's not what I want it for. It's good for a ride out, enjoying the bike, and with a nice aftermarket can, sounds good too. I've spent more on it, but that's what bikes are for, and I really do enjoy it. I would say yes to recommending this to a friend.

Brakes work well, but braided lines do increase the feel.
Rust on some of the metal work, swingarm, and under seat, but nothing a winter fettle wouldn't cure.
Fly screen a must, but can cause vibration, easily fixed with some screen trim.

Bought privately.

brilliant Budget bike

07 March 2010 by cmj897

Love this bike better than a Bandit, my two faults with it are the slash from the rear wheel when its wet but hopefully the rear hugger will stop that when i get it fitted the other is the mirrors, does any one know where i can get extenders for the mirrors or alternitives, they just a little too short to see whats behid you properly but i love this bike a lot thanks for a good bike Kawasaki

Super Z750

20 September 2009 by Brized

Bought the bike new in March and have to say what a great bike, enjoy riding it for commuting and weekend ride outs. Yes, the seat can become uncomfortable after 120 miles or so but other than that i couldn't of made a better choice and it puts a smile on my face every day i ride it.

Zed 750 09

25 August 2009 by Anonymous

Had her for two weeks now and im absolutely lovin it.Got the green n black one,ex demo 1200m otc for 4300quid.Run in n ready to go.Even in standard guise i get looks wherevr i go.Didnt think id get as many turned heads as i did with my SV,which was totally modded up,But its a close run thing.The riding position is just spot on.Nice n upright round the town,plenty of room to chuck yourself around on the twisties and plenty room to tuck in at speed.This is my first taste of windblast and you sure do feel it at speed.around the ton mark,which you will experience within the first 4/5 seconds of your ride if you so wish,you gotta hold on tight.This thing just seems to go and go and go.5k rpm and she just comes alive.Screaming motor.Slick feeling gearbox means you can get the power down smoothly.Best thing about the whole package though is that all the power is useable,it really suits the type of riding i do which involves the daily commute of 30 miles and the weekend for some playtime.Honestly, get one, you will not be disappointed

new Z

21 August 2009 by joeer6n

just finished running in my new Z750, bit of a chore but hopefully worth it in the long run. first impressions are very good,bike seems well planted and solid on the road. very smooth through the gears,loads of torque and very quick when required. thinking of getting a set of handlebar risers as i seem to be stretching just a fraction - any comments on this would be appreciated. got a tail tidy and hugger ordered to tidy up the backend and keep crud off the rear shock.

ZED 750 2007

06 March 2009 by crawfordjohn

PICKED UP THIS BABY YESTERDAY WITH ONLY 900 MLS ON THE CLOCK,IN SILVER,WITH ATTITUDE.HAD THE CHOICE BETWEEN SILVER AND BLACK,THE BLACK HAVING 3000 MLS ON THE CLOCK AND ONLY A £200.00 PRICE DIFFERENCE. THE BIKE IS A GREAT DRIVE WITH A SEXY ENGINE NOTE AT HIGH REVS,ACCELERATION TESTING THE OLD ARM MUSCLES!.IS A REAL HEAD TURNER. HOWEVER GOING OVER ANY TYPE OF UNEVEN SURFACE THE BACK END IS ALL OVER THE SHOP AND THE RIDE SCARY.WORST ASPECTS ARE THE SIDE STAND AND CRAP MIRRORS.THE STAND NEEDS TO BE 15MM SHORTER.UNLESS ON A SLIGHT INCLINE THE BIKE IS UNSTABLE ON THE STAND AND COULD BE BLOWN OR PUSHED OVER EASILY.THE MIRRORS ARE TOO SMALL AND I CAN'T SEE PAST MY JACKET SLEEVE(I AM A BIG BLOKE).DANGEROUS.ANOTHER GRIPE IS THE REAR MUDGUARD,AFTER RIDING IN THE RAIN YESTERDAY THE SPRAY DRENCHED THE PILLION AND THE WHOLE OF MY JACKET AND HELMET,....TOO NARROW KAWASAKI!!.NECESSARY ADD ONS WIL BE FENDER EXTENDER,REAR HUGGER,BETTER SEAT(NO PADDING IN THIS ONE),AND A SCREEN.SUSPENSION NEEDS ADJUSTED/FIXED.THIS WILL BE A RIGHT FEW BOB!. MOAN OVER I HAVE TO SAY THE BIKE GOES LIKE A TRAIN AND IS BETTER LOOKING,HAS MORE POWER,AND IS CHEAPER THAN THE RIVALS!.HAS GREAT STREET CRED AND I THINK I HAVE MADE THE RIGHT CHOICE AFTER WEEKS OF REVIEW STUDIES!. IF YOU TEST DRIVE ONE OF THESE YOU WILL BUY!

super bike

24 December 2008 by haldaios

I have it 1 year and what can I say??? the bike rocks ;-)

2008 Model

10 November 2008 by Skippy355

Having owned this bike for just over a month from new, i dont feel totally qualified to offer a truly valid opinion BUT! having done a few hundred miles on it i think i've got a rough measure of the bike. Before i opted for the zed i weighed up what i wanted, of which 4 bikes stood out, each had their plus points but only the zed offered all the things i was looking for. Major plus points were the styling, a good torquey engine, forgiving in nature but that raw type atitude you would expect from a naked sports bike. If i had to pick minus points they would have to be the rear swing arm that looks budgety and i dont know if that has to do with the rear feeling when cornering or that maybe i just need to re-adjust the rear shock to suit me. The bike does need a rear hugger and tail tidy neither of which i have yet. I did get the rear seat cover, belly pan and windscreen all of which are great additions. I picked the bike up £700.00 less than list with 0% finance so i added those items in the deal so all in all a great bargain, just cant wait to hit that 6,000 rev mark and get a real feel for what the bike rides like. I'm more than impressed with the none ABS brakes, ride position (although the seat is still a little hard) and responsiveness from the engine, a great bonus having the 750 when comparing with others in its class which are 600 units. One thing that sticks in my mind which has stuck with me from when i first saw the bike to now owning one..... the word Streetfighter !!! I think people got the name of the Z750 exactly right by saying that about this bike. Its cool, quick, forgiving and fun. Try one, you'll then buy one !!!!!

Zed the dogs

16 October 2008 by greendemon

After much deliberation I took the plunge and took delivery of a spanking new Zed 09 model. The decision was over a street triple and Gsr600. Fitted with kwak screen, belly pan also tail tidy and hugger. Feels well planted even on new tyres. Does what i want when i want. Obviously not much wind deflection at speed but I could have gone for a super sport if that is what I wanted. All seems to be bedding in well and can't wait till the running in period is over for a taste of what it has in the pot. Was lent a ER-6n 09 model when tail tidy and hugger was being fitted, can't believe there is so much of a difference. Hence just rode the Er-6 home and carried on fitting the kitchen, did not fancy cruising around ( I am spoilt by the Zed )If your looking for a New ride, change or something different don't look any further than this bike.......

Gem

19 July 2008 by owensj

What a gem of an engine. I love listening to the whirr. Great gearbox. Butch styling, seen boy racers giving sneaky side glances. ABS version. Comfy riding position. Got a Kwak flyscreen and bellypan. Puig mushrooms. Took the plunge in buying (new) as had read bad things about the suspension. Take no notice it is utterly fine! Better than the harsh ER6f suspension. A good step up too in that it is taller (I'm 5'7"), heavier and of bigger proportions to the ER6. No storage and my pillion can't get on! Sidestand can be tricky with rear pegs in the way. Overall, go with your heart not your head!

Zed

16 June 2008 by seabeeahh600

Had this bike for about a year and love it... I ride in all weathers and its never let me down, even suprised at how decent it looks even after 8k of miles... Engine really is a peach and I find I never need to change down, just open the throttle and away she goes....Buy one...

2008 model - non abs

21 February 2008 by Anonymous

Great bike, made the changeover from a Zx6rJ1 after 5 years and was a little worried about going to the Zed. But its a great bike, good looking, plenty powerful enough for day to day road riding. The only thing lacking is some storage for a lock, puncture repair kit etc. Altogether it feels a better built bike than the earlier kwaks and although it will suffer the usual kwak depreciation its a bike I think I will want to hold onto for a good few years. A good all round bike at a budget price. Buy one, I doubt you will be disappointed.

Z750 - Rocks:-)

04 December 2007 by Ollie_GBR

I spent many troubled nights trying to decide on a bike in this class, I test rode many a few times over. In the end I plumped for the Z750. Now, I should explain that my previous bike history is only a Bandit 1200 and 600, (both from new). The Z750 is an amazing bike to look at, nothing touches it in this class, with it's striking lines and simple colour scheme. Even the exhaust has been designed to compliment the look. I've so far only comlpeted 500 miles of run-in times, but already can feel the potential of the bike waiting to be released. Even running in, the low end torque was impressive. I don't push the bike to it's limts as the test riders do, so don't see the potential downsides to the buget suspension and brakes. The seat however, is uncomfortable, and will take some time to bed in. The tacho/speed display is by far the best in class, simple and functional. I've only made one modification, and that's a tail tidy, which wholly complients the style. I managed to get my black Z750 on 0%finance with nearly £700 off the list price - a bargin compaired to it's rivals. I attended the NEC bike show, and once again sat on all the bikes in this class, I'm more than happy I've made the right decision.

18 September 2007 by Jet Fuel Drinker

Took delivery of my Zed on 2nd August and right up to the point of being handed the keys, I wondered if I was doing the right thing. Reason being that I was to p/ex my brilliant 600 Hornet which was quick and chuckable and a pure joy to thrash - oh,and I've always had Hondas. However, within ten minutes my Hornet was forgotten. The Kawasaki is fantastic, steadily running in but I know it's an absolute gem. Mine's black (green not available, and I'm glad now I didn't have the option) and all you need do is get a tail tidy and a small number plate - it's a real head turner..! Only downside is the extra 25 ish kilos over the Hornet which I find very evident. Hornet definately more nimble - or maybe I haven't mastered it yet! Thoroughly Recommended..!

15 September 2007 by ROSSCHARRIS

A greta bike. Easy to ride with plenty of power. Get one you wont regret it.

z750 2007

11 September 2007 by sim1

great bike,hard seat,loads of laughs,looks fantastic....buy one1

Z 750 2007

09 September 2007 by stowforddave

I have had some very good motorcycles over the years but I really enjoy the experience on the Kawasaki Z750, the engine is smooth from idle with enough torque to ride anywhere in the rev range, the gearbox was a little clunky when I was running it in but everything changes when you push the bike harder. I have no problem with the Brakes which have a good feel and I see little point of the ABS option. The suspension which has been criticized in the press is fine at the speeds I ride. I wanted a green Z750 but am so glad I got a black one which looks much better in reality than the promotional material (Get a tank pad fitted when you order to ovoid unsightly tank scratches) the overall build quality is very good although the rear swing arm does look a little cheap compared with alloy items on similar bikes. Overall I am very pleased, Kawasaki have built a bike which has attitude when its stood still and it is far more fun to ride regardless of speed than many a “Super Bike”. You will not regret buying this bike and if you can get one on 0% finance it’s an absolute steal.

29 August 2007 by jimsuk

Had this fantastic bike for a few weeks now and I absolutely love it. I got the black one in the end which I personally think looks great - definitely the best looking bike for under £5K new. Easy to ride fast or slow and gets lots of admiring comments when parked up. Off to France on it soon and can't wait. Buy one - you won't regret it!

Z 750 2007

27 August 2007 by DOMI715

just finished running in . Very impressed . great motor , very comfortable great bike.Went from a triumph tiger to this bike , was a bit worried about comfort & handling but so far this is light years better than the triumph , spped , handling the lot !!!!

Z750

27 June 2007 by aogier

After looking at what else was on the market I decided on the Z750 in silver (which in the flesh looks better than in the brochure) had sports bikes before so wasnt sure if it was gonna be a love or hate relationship... love it! running in but its a hoot already, handles just great on the road and would only really find its limitations if you were on the track which lets face it most of us dont do on a regular basis. She looks fantastic, definitely the best looking in class, sounds great, given me more smiles in the 3 weeks I've had her than the 3yrs I had my gsxr750. Go test ride one, you'll be amazed!

z750

25 June 2007 by gill_mark

absolutely love the bike, i have gone from sports bikes (zxr, r6, RSV millie) to this my 1st naked bike and not looked back since! just to reasure anybody having doubts after reading roadtests commenting about handling, take it from an owner they handle very nicely, although very firm they are flickable and very stable. The dunlop quallifiers that are on the bike have my 100% confidence and dispite having sports bikes in the past i have never had my knee down but within two weeks of owning the bike (and whilst still running in the engine) i had my knee down no problems so that speaks volumes to me. if anybody is thinking about one then my advise is to go and treat yourself, you won't be dissapointed

My ZED

13 May 2007 by Anonymous

My last three bikes have been an R6(04), GSXR750 (04) and an R1 (O5)so you can see that i dont keep my bikes that long. It was last Nov/Dec i first saw the pictures of the 07 Z750 in green and i thought it looked a stunner. So in January with snow on the ground i had to order one, completely different to my previous bikes but had to see what it was like, i ordered a black one being a boring chap trying to play safe but in the end changed my order for the green one, im glad i did now as its cracking. Although i have only done 500 miles and they have been running in miles (ish)i have been impressed with the whole naked bike thing, the bike turns on a sixpence has loads of low down power and is a more pleasurable experience, long gone are those aching forearms and surching for a perfect bit of road, the Z makes every road a pleasure to ride and has renewed my interest in just cruising around (used to get bored on sportsbikes unless i was with a group or on a trackday). Thoroughly enjoy the zed and recommend to anyone who gets secondthoughts after reading numerous roadtests making comments about handling, brakes or whatever, for most of us all bikes a cracking and we never quite understand what the journalist mean. Going touring through france on 20th May so looking forward to comparing my previous trips.

• Kawasaki Z750 motorcycle review - Side view
  • Kawasaki Z750 motorcycle review - Instruments
  • Kawasaki Z750 motorcycle review - Brakes
  • Kawasaki Z750 motorcycle review - Top view
  • Kawasaki Z750 motorcycle review - Front view
All KAWASAKI Z750 for sale
Bauer Media

Bauer Media Group consists of: Bauer Consumer Media Ltd, Company number: 01176085, Bauer Radio Ltd, Company Number: 1394141
Registered Office: Media House, Peterborough Business Park, Lynch Wood, Peterborough, PE2 6EA H Bauer Publishing,
Company Number: LP003328 Registered Office: Academic House, 24-28 Oval Road, London, NW1 7DT.
All registered in England and Wales. VAT no 918 5617 01
Bauer Consumer Media Ltd are authorised and regulated by the FCA(Ref No. 710067)