Ad closing in seconds....

How to claim against a rubbish training centre

The vast majority of training firms out there give great service to trainee riders, but there are always a few who fall down, maybe by adding on extra charges buried in the small print or lending you a bike for the test that isn't roadworthy.

If you are unlucky enough to encounter a situation like this there are steps you can take.

The first is to draft a letter of claim to the boss of the company straightaway and contact the Trading Standards with a letter of complaint too.

Don' contact your local Trading Standards office, it' the one that covers the area the company operates in that will investigate them.

Once you have sent a letter of claim that gives you six years from the date of the incident to issue proceedings in the Small Claims Court if necessary.

If you can contact the other students on the course get them to draft similar letters to Trading Standards.

Your claim letter should ask for a cheque within seven days or you will take legal action through the Courts. ( takes you through the process).

However, when you write to them say that you will defer taking such action pending a full investigation by trading Standards.

If the company was convicted your claim will be much stronger. 

  • Get a friend into biking and win £10000 for you, and £5000 for them with the MCN 1000
Bauer Media

Bauer Media Group consists of: Bauer Consumer Media Ltd, Company number: 01176085, Bauer Radio Ltd, Company Number: 1394141
Registered Office: Media House, Peterborough Business Park, Lynch Wood, Peterborough, PE2 6EA H Bauer Publishing,
Company Number: LP003328 Registered Office: Academic House, 24-28 Oval Road, London, NW1 7DT.
All registered in England and Wales. VAT no 918 5617 01
Bauer Consumer Media Ltd are authorised and regulated by the FCA(Ref No. 710067)