Yamaha issue recall on new YZF-R3 and MT-03s
Yamaha have issued a double recall on all R3 and MT-03 models produced between April and July 2016.
The clutch pressure plate bearing may break after frequent use, caused by issues with the load rating of the bearing – which could lead to the clutch failing.
- BSB’s Luke Mossey vs seven year old Josh Bannister
- Six days until the Brackley Festival!
- Advanced training: Improve your skills and save money
- Duchinni D705 gives a quality feel on a tight budget
- BSB: Byrne wins race one as Haslam fights back
There is also a possibility that engine oil pressure may not regulate properly due to an issue with the design of the oil relief valve in the oil pump, which could eventually result in engine damage through oil starvation.
Yamaha have made efforts to get in touch with all affected owners, who should now contact the dealer they purchased the bike from to arrange the repair.
Yamaha says this is only a precautionary measure and that there is no immediate rush to solve the problem. It says it is a quick job and some dealerships might even be able to fix the bike while the owners wait.