BMW superbike shootout in Valencia
Valencia is currently reverberating to the sound of BMW S1000RR superbikes, as six different racing incarnations are put through paces in BMW's annual superbike mega-test. I started the day on the standard road version of the BMW 1000RR, fitted with a reverse patern gearshift, and will work my way up through this little lot before sundown:
- BMW S1000RR SBK – South African Super GP Champions Trophy
- BMW S1000RR SBK – Superbike IDM
- BMW S1000RR SBK – British Superbike
- BMW S1000RR SBK – FIM Endurance World Championship
- BMW S1000RR SBK – FIM Superbike World Championship
- BMW S1000RR SBK – Isle of Man TT
The Tyco team have been very busy getting the bikes ready for this test, and after seeing both riders through to the BSB showdown at last weekend's Oulton Park round, they’ve had to rush a bike down to Valencia, Spain for this exclusive test. They’ve also had to rebuild the TT bike which Guy Martin famously crashed at the Ulster GP just a few weeks ago. Top marks.
See a full test in MCN soon.