Husqvarna have confirmed that the new Svartpilen 701 model, revealed at EICMA 2018 in Milan, will cost £8899. According to their show press conference, the new bike is designed to tap into the raw experience of riding older bikes married to modern design and technology.
Powered by a 74bhp four-stroke single-cylinder engine and sprung on WP suspension, the impressive looking bike is due to arrive in dealers in early 2019 and follows a similar format to the existing Husqvarna Vitpilen 701 launched earlier this year.
Offering a stripped-back, no-nonsense approach to motorcycle design, the bike features the latest in electronic wizardry, including switchable Bosch ABS mated to Brembo brakes, an up and down quickshifter and ride-by-wire throttle.
This is all housed within minimalist bodywork and a high-end alloy steel trellis frame, which claims to provide a more precise handling package in all riding conditions.
Husqvarna Svartpilen 701 highlights
- Simple yet progressive design
- Chromium-molybdenum steel trellis frame
- The most advanced single cylinder engine on the market
- High quality components and technology as standard
- Ride-by-wire throttle
- Cutting edge switchable ABS
- Slipper clutch
- Up/down quickshifter
- Extensive range of dedicated Husqvarna accessories