WSB: Ducati unveil 2017 challenger
Chaz Davies and Marco Melandri have uncovered the 2017 Panigale R they will race in the 2017 World Superbike Championship at the team launch in Italy.
Welshman Davies heads in to the 2017 season a clear favourite to challenge the all-conquering Jonathan Rea for the WSB crown after a dominant string of seven victories from eight races at the end of last season.
- CCM Spitfire flat-tracker unveiled
- Which new superbike gets your vote?
- Video: Mid air surprise for dune riding motorcyclist
- Bikes catching our eye this week
- Top 5 Valentine's Day gift ideas
Joining him in the Aruba Ducati squad for the season ahead is former series runner-up Marco Melandri, who heads back to WSB after two seasons away following a disastrous tenure with Aprilia’s MotoGP squad.
The bike’s livery remains largely unchanged for 2017 with the exception of a few sponsor stickers, retaining its striking fluorescent red and white colourscheme.