Video: Trackday rider knocked out by bellypan
An onboard video from a recent track day at Snetterton shows the moment a rider was knocked unconscious at over 140mph after the bellypan from a bike in front came loose.
When the rider, named as Josh Boyd, was knocked unconscious his bike veered to the right of the long straight, heading for the grass and barrier. Josh fell off the bike before it ran on the grass and into the barrier, showering the end of the straight with debris. Thankfully Josh was ok after the bizarre incident.
- Akrapovic release GP-style slip-on for the 2017 Fireblade
- Make an offer for unsold auction bikes
- Bike of the day: BMW S1000RR
- TT 2017: Dunlop dominant for Supersport win
- Biketek CNC Pro Series adjustable levers
After seeing the video online a Gofundme page was set up to help Josh pay for the damage to his bike. The crowdfunding campaign had a goal of £5,000, and closed after raising £4,035.